Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pinko

This is my official first blog post. It took me a while, but I found myself randomly looking forward to one of the quirkier things Italy has to offer, so I figured I'd blog about it.

PINK NEWSPAPERS! Specifically, pink SPORTS newspapers.

Following sports closely in the States is obviously (though not exclusively) "a guy thing." Watching Sportcenter 3 times in a row just because it's on - it's a guy thing. Reading The Post's sports section for minute NHL statistics - a guy thing. Taunting all my friends from Boston with "18-1" - a guy thing. So what's the logical extension of all this when we move to Italy?

This...



...reading the national pink sports daily newspaper, while waiting for my caffe` affogato at the local bar.

Because nothing says "it's a guy thing" quite like pink.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Pages